Golf Ball Grading Process
Based on the golf ball’s overall condition, we determine whether the ball will be graded as AAAAA, AAAA, or AAA.
We only source the highest graded golf balls & maintain rigorous standards.
"We’re so confident in our cleaning and grading process, that our AAAA golf balls are as good or better than our competitors’ AAAAA golf balls!"
- Jay Hanover, President of Golf Balls Direct
5A / 1st Quality
Excellent Condition — The look & feel of this ball is similar to a new golf ball. This golf ball will appear to have little or no physical imperfections.
- These balls will have the look & feel of a golf ball that has been hit just a few times. No scuffs or club marks. Ball may contain team or corporate logos and/or standard player pen markings.
Very Good Condition — The quality of this golf ball will be similar to a golf ball that has been used 2-3 holes. The look & feel may have slight discoloration and imperfections in some of the dimples.
- Balls are in good condition, may have abrasions, discoloration, blemishes, larger player pen markings, team or corporate logos or a cosmetic imperfection that will not alter the flight path, distance, or trajectory of the ball.
Good Condition — Our AAA used golf balls may have slight imperfections and scuff markings. The look & feel may appear to have minor discoloration and some printed balls may contain blemishes.
- Balls may have slightly more abrasions & larger scuff marks, varied discoloration/tint, contain team or corporate logos/ larger player pen markings, imprints of X-Outs or practice on them. Could be playable for higher. handicap golfers
- Balls primarily for practice. No representation is made for coloration, scuffs or tint. Balls may contain team or corporate logos and/or larger player pen markings. Great for use in a shag bag or muddy condition.